Big Bold Ideas is a community engagement and goal-setting venture. We believe our community will collectively select big, bold, meaningful goals designed to make our community / region a more successful thriving community for all. Done well, Big Bold Ideas can become a focused strategic action plan for our region and guide our shared work for the years ahead.
Kansas City HIGHLIGHTS
Background: The inspiration for this initiative is from the "Big 5 Initiatives" in Kansas City, where the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce led and continues to lead a similar process for their region. Their inaugural five big ideas were:
- Make Kansas City America’s most entrepreneurial city
- Create a regional translational medical research institute
- Build on the existing “animal health corridor” by holding a world symposium on animal health
- Move UMKC’s Conservatory of Music and Dance from the main campus to downtown Kansas City
- Pinpoint an urban core redevelopment project in Kansas City to improve housing, employment, and crime statistics